My thesis project: ice cellar


I came back to Fairbanks from Point Hope this evening. I again realized my thesis topic is the latest trend for the waling village residents. There are lots of ice cellars still used by residents in Point Hope. Some of cellars can't keep cold temperature and some are filled with water. The owners of ice cellars said the cellars are great storage to keep their livelihoods like whales and walrus, and they want to know what's going on in ice cellars and what they should do for the future. I met a few people who showed me their cellars and talked about their problems, but I felt two days trip was too short to understand deeply the situation they face. I decide to go back to Point Hope near future, in this winter or spring. The professor Kenji, the leader researcher for ice cellar project, is going to Kilimanjaro and stay there until the beginning of October, so I will concentrate on the library research and classes of photography till he comes back.


About this entry


0 コメント: